Questions about TMS? Here’s a collection of answers. We’re happy to help if any open questions remain 😉
- Can I take part as a Bachelor’s Student?
Your chances are very limited but we don’t say never. Greatly depends on your subject of study, as we’re trying to match the number of participants evenly between them.
- I cannot take part in the Pre-Event, can I still take part in TMS?
No, failure to attend the Pre-Event will result in a failed attempt on the course – unless you inform us in time, in this case, we’ll just never enroll you.
- I cannot take part the first two days, can I still take part in TMS?
No, the first two days are where teams are formed and it’s not possible to catch up. Failure to attend the first two days will result in a failed attempt on the course – unless you inform us in time, in this case, we’ll just never enroll you.
- Is attendance to the lectures in the morning mandatory and checked?
Yes, failure to show up without notice will lead to a failed course.
- What if I get selected, confirm, but don’t show up for TMS?
We will fail you. We have more than 200 applications every semester and feel that this is only fair if you needlessly take away the opportunity of someone else to take part in the course.
- How does the selection process work?
We review the projects you’ve worked on in the past, your CV and letter of motivation and decide if you are a good fit. Showing maker-spirit will help.
- I’m studying X, do I get credits?
Department # credits as Mechanical Engineering 6 Hochschulpraktikum Informatics 6 Überfachliche Grundlagen Electrical Engineering 6 Außerfachliche Ergänzung School of Management 6 Wahlfach/Teil des Moduls Global Entrepreneurship Industrial Design ? ?